Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Enterprise 4500 arrival


I was really anxious when the freight company delivered the E4500 yesterday at about roughly 4PM. The size of the box on the pallet wasn't too bad, and after removing the box that covered the pallet, I was surprised by the size of the E4500, which is quite small. I was really in for a shock, though, when I picked it up -- it felt like every bit of the 216lbs the shipping quote listed it as. Fortunately, I was able to get a neighbor over to help me move it in from the garage to my office with relative ease.

I figured it would be advantageous to give it some power and let it sit for an hour or so to get adjusted, afterall, it does have a 1Kw input power rating. After that, I proceeded to throw it into diagnostic mode by turning the key (yes, it uses a key for power and administration) to the "diagnostic" position and then powered on. The diagnostic level I had it at didn't take too long to run (roughly, about 10 minutes), and all tests checked out OK. With all of that out of the way, I proceeded to attach the A5200 to it and power it on to do a Jumpstart of Solaris Express b51a.

More pictures can be found on Flickr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home